Saturday, October 15, 2011

Accountability - Day 11

Hoy estoy estudiando Español adentro.  Some accents aside today I am studying Spanish indoors.  The 21 day Español learning challenge enters day 11 with success!  More than half way there.

It is amazing how a trip to a Spanish speaking country can be such great motivation.  Will only be there a couple of days, and will spend most of my time relaxing, reading, and yes there will be some beer I'm sure.  However, I am really looking forward to making a sincere effort to interact with the Mexicans I encounter in Spanish.  (In fairness they may be Honduran, Guatemalan, Panamanian, Colombian, etc., but I will be in Mexico.)  Will I sound like a five year old Mexican boy with a learning disability?  Probably.  But I'd rather that than be your typical American tourist who just speaks English loud and slow and thinks that makes it understandable.  Will there be some Spangish?  Again, probably; but I will strive to have more Span than glish. 

Words of the day...  As alluded to above: afuera y adentro --> outdoors & indoors

Yo estoy corriendo afuera. --> I am running outdoors.

Los niños estan corriendo adentro. --> The children are running indoors.

Adíos!

No comments:

Post a Comment