Monday, November 28, 2011

Countdown to Dec...crap it's nearly here...

...and just when you thought it time to do more life comes up and bites a big chunk out of your ass.  Work and the holidays ramped up and my tango with Spanish has come to a screeching halt.  But, just because it is easier to get off the horse than it is to get back on, that is no reason not to.  So, tonight I'm going to climb back on if even for just one lesson to "re-groove" if nothing else. 

My trip to Mexico comes ever closer and I've pissed away a couple weeks of learning opportunities.  Time to kick it into gear and see if I can regain some fuego before I hop on a plane and embarrass my gringo self.  But I do maintain, I'd rather be a silly sounding gringo than a rude American speaking loud and slow English and expecting that to make it understandable. 

It's like the old joke (I'll paraphrase at best):
What do you call a person who speaks two languages?
Bilingual.
What do you call a person who uses many languages?
A polyglot.
...and what do you call a person who speaks only one language?
An American.

Vamos!

No comments:

Post a Comment